Why You Should NEVER Put Your PAM Cooking Spray Near Your Grill

Cooking spray is an integral part of the cooking process: It stops your food from sticking to the pan, creating a painless kitchen experience. Or so we thought. Unfortunately, a recent scandal involving Pam cooking sprays has us worried about the safety of the product.

INSIDER reports that Conagra Brands—the parent company of brands like Reddi Whip, Slim Jim, Orville Redenbacher’s, and the cooking spray Pam—is now facing six different lawsuits from people claiming that the pressurized cans caused multiple injuries when they burst into flames or caused explosions.

Koskoff Koskoff & Bieder, the law firm representing these six clients and their cases, states that the 2011 design of these cans is the reason for the safety issues and explosions. The bottoms have a venting feature that causes them to be faulty and dangerous.

According to one lawsuit in 2017, a man was seriously injured and burned after placing the can of Pam above a grill at his job at Baja Grill in Houston, Texas. Because of these faulty vent holes, it began spraying flammable contents and caused an enormous fireball to engulf the kitchen.

Another incident happened inside of a Walmart store, where one women claimed that the Pam can immediately exploded once she set it down inside of her shopping cart. She suffered severe burns and was in a medically induced coma for two weeks.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Conagra Brands says that most Pam users have nothing to worry about. “Even if a consumer is concerned, the vented can design, that is in question, was used in market on a limited number of cans over the last several years, and has not been used in the vast majority of the product sold,” they said.

To be extra safe, we recommend checking your cans of Pams ASAP and carefully disposing of them if you see vents on the bottom.

Follow House Beautiful on Instagram.

From: House Beautiful US

Source: Read Full Article

Create Account

Log In Your Account