Woman suffers life-threatening reaction after having sex with husband

A couple’s night of passion almost ended in heartbreak after a woman had an anaphylactic reaction.

The unidentified female was struck with dangerous symptoms after being exposed to the penicillin that was in her husband’s semen, a report published in the American Journal of Medicine states.

As she was allergic to the medication her partner was taking, she started to feel disorientated.

The 46-year-old patient reported itching on her hands and feet, as well as dizziness and diarrhoea.

  • 'Blind vagina' condition strikes patients and leaves them unable to have sex

  • Boy, 7, who's 'allergic to winter' gets severe rash and can't breathe when it's cold

She was rushed to A&E, where doctors established that the penicillin present her her husband’s semen caused the symptoms.

The case report explains: “Her husband had been undergoing treatment for infective endocarditis at home with parenteral nafcillin.”

Following the diagnosis, the woman was given antibiotics and monitored at hospital.

Thankfully, her symptoms cleated within 24 hours – but she was “instructed to abstain from sexual intercourse with her husband until at least one week following his completion of antibiotics”.

  • Cancer survivor feared 'fart breath' after colon was transplanted into throat – but now feels 'sexy'

This isn’t the only case of its kind.

Back in March, a woman with a serious penicillin allergy suffered life-threatening anaphylactic shock after swallowing her boyfriend’s semen during oral sex.

After performing fellatio, the 31-year-old patient started vomiting, struggling to breathe and broke out in hives.

She went to hospital and was treated for anaphylactic shock.

The unnamed woman, from Alicante, Spain, told doctors she had not taken any penicillin. Medics also ruled out a rare semen allergy.

However, it emerged that her boyfriend, 32, had been taking amoxicillin-clavulanic acid for an ear infection.

Doctors at Hospital General Universitari d'Alacant later concluded that her anaphylaxis had been caused by “seminal transfer of amoxicillin”.

Source: Read Full Article

Create Account



Log In Your Account